Changes to Office Visits During COVID-19
Dear Wonderful Patients of MA’s Family & Cosmetic Dentistry,
We are excited to announce that MA’s Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, PLC will be available to see patients for all dental procedures--elective and emergency--starting on Monday, June 1st, 2020. Our office strictly follows infection and control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA,) and the American Dental Association (ADA). Safety with the highest standard of care is always our priority. We are happy to be serving our beloved community once again. The following is an outline of the protocol you may expect during your dental visit to ensure the safety of all patients and staff during this unprecedented time.
1) Contactless Paperwork: In effort to reduce cross-contamination we are now implementing an electronic paperwork system. We kindly ask all patients (new and existing) to create an online account to access pertinent documents that need to be completed prior to arriving to your appointment. This may be accessed using this link https://www.ident.ws/template_include/new_patient_sign_in.do?site=21154&practiceId=30534 4 and is also accessible at www.masfamilydentistry.com. For patients that already have created an online account their Annual Medical History Update Forms may quickly be accessed via https://www.ident.ws/template_include/pi_login.jsp?site=21154&practiceId=30534&page=Patient+Information and this link may also be found on our website at www.masfamilydentistry.com. If you have a copay due for your visit, you will be emailed or texted a link to pay remotely before you enter the building to reduce person-to-person contact.
2) Call-in Before Arrival – Please kindly call us from your car when you arrive for your appointment at (703)-672-0664. We will inform you when we are ready for you to enter the building. Only the patient receiving treatment will be permitted to enter the office (exceptions are made for children who are minors; 1 legal guardian will be permitted to accompany the child).
3) Face Coverings/Masks--We kindly ask all patients including children and legal guardians to wear a face covering or mask upon entering our office. COVID-19 pre-screening questions will be asked, and digital forehead temperatures taken, and hand sanitizers used. Any patient or legal guardian who has a temperature equal to or greater than 100.5°F will kindly be asked to reschedule their appointment.
4) Electronic Treatment Consent Forms—All treatment consent forms will be reviewed and signed electronically at the front desk prior to entering the clinical area to prevent cross-contamination
5) Pre-Rinse and Hand-Sanitizer—At the beginning of each dental appointment patients will be given a pre-rinse containing hydrogen peroxide, which is recommended by CDC as the most effective rinse against COVID-19 and hand sanitizer to disinfect their hands. At the end of the treatment, patients will be assisted to place face coverings back on and hands will be resanitized.
6) Aerosol Reduction Measures--For any dental procedures that produce aerosol a negative pressure Dental Aerosol Reduction Tent (D.A.R.T.) will be placed over the patient’s head and abdomen area to reduce aerosol cross-contamination. Please see photos provided. Medical grade HEPA air filters are used in every treatment room and in all common areas to provide continuously purified air for the safety of patients and staff.
- You may notice that we may have less availability in scheduling for an undetermined amount of time. We are extending the length of time between appointments, as well as the total number of patients present in the office at the same time to help protect both patients and staff. Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter. We assure you that we are doing our best to serve you in the timeliest fashion possible and will resume our normal schedule when it is safe to do so.
- COVID-19 symptoms will be pre-screened at time of making an appointment and again the day of the appointment. You may be kindly requested to re-schedule later if pre-screening questions are not passed. We ask to not schedule an appointment if you are: 1) feeling sick, have a cough, or have a cold 2) have a temperature equal to or greater than 100.5°F, 3) have been exposed to a positive COVID-19 co-worker or family member within the last 2 weeks, 4) or have been traveling within the last 2 weeks.
We understand that there may be certain situations that require exceptions. Please text message, email, or call our office ahead of time, so we may determine if special arrangements may be made
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the new steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty all these years. We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends!
MA’s Dental Team